Sounds like you are using Cassandra as a queue. It's an antibiotic pattern.
What I would do would be to rely on TTL for removal of data and use the
TWCS compaction strategy to handle removal and you just focus on insertion.

--

Jens Rantil
Backend Developer @ Tink

Tink AB, Wallingatan 5, 111 60 Stockholm, Sweden
For urgent matters you can reach me at +46-708-84 18 32.