Are you building a search engine -> Solr
Are you building an analytics function -> Spark

I feel they are used in significantly different use cases, what are you trying
to build?

If it’s an analytics functionality that’s seperate from your operations
functionality I’d build it in it’s own DC. Spark is notorious for causing
latency spikes in Cassandra which is not great if you are are sensitive to
that.

Regards,
Evelyn.