发件人: Javier Pareja <pareja.jav...@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2018年4月18日 6:00
收件人: user@cassandra.apache.org
主题: Re: 答复: Time serial column family design

Hi David,

Could you describe why you chose to include the create date in the partition
key? If the vin in enough "partitioning", meaning that the size (number of rows
x size of row) of each partition is less than 100MB, then remove the date and
just use the create_time, because the date is already included in that column
anyways.

For example if columns "a" and "b" (from your table) are of max 256 UTF8
characters, then you can have approx 100MB / (2*256*2Bytes) = 100,000 rows per
partition. You can actually have many more but you don't want to go much higher
for performance reasons.

If this is not enough you could use create_month instead of create_date, for
example, to reduce the partition size while not being too granular.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, 22:17 Nate McCall,