I am facing one issue with our Cassandra cluster.

Details: Cassandra 3.0.14, 12 nodes, 7.4TB(JBOD) disk size in each node,
~3.5TB used physical data in each node, ~42TB whole cluster and default
compaction setup. This size maintain the same because after the retention
period some tables are dropped.

Issue: Nodetool status is not showing the correct used size in the output.
It keeps increasing the used size without limit until automatically node
shutdown or until our sequential scheduled restart(workaround 3 times
week). After the restart, nodetool shows the correct used space but for few
days.
Did anybody have similar problem? Is it a bug?

Stackoverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49668692/cassandra-
nodetool-status-is-not-showing-correct-used-space