From: learner dba <cassandra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2018 2:06 PM
To: User cassandra.apache.org <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Cluster is unbalanced

Hi,

Data volume varies a lot in our two DC cluster:

 Load       Tokens       Owns

 20.01 GiB  256          ?

 65.32 GiB  256          ?

 60.09 GiB  256          ?

 46.95 GiB  256          ?

 50.73 GiB  256          ?

kaiprodv2

=========

/Leaving/Joining/Moving

 Load       Tokens       Owns

 25.19 GiB  256          ?

 30.26 GiB  256          ?

 9.82 GiB   256          ?

 20.54 GiB  256          ?

 9.7 GiB    256          ?

I ran clearsnapshot, garbagecollect and cleanup, but it increased the size on
heavier nodes instead of decreasing. Based on nodetool cfstats, I can see
partition keys on each node varies a lot:

Number of partitions (estimate): 3142552

Number of partitions (estimate): 15625442

Number of partitions (estimate): 15244021

Number of partitions (estimate): 9592992
Number of partitions (estimate): 15839280

How can I diagnose this imbalance further?