Hannu,

Dropped mutations are often a sign of load-shedding due to an overloaded
node or cluster. Are you seeing resource saturation like high CPU usage
(because the write path is usually CPU-bound) on any of the nodes in your
cluster?

Some potential contributing factors that might be causing you to drop
mutations are long garbage collection (GC) pauses or large partitions. Do
the drops coincide with an increase in requests, a code change, or
compaction activity?