Hi,

During rolling upgrade of our cluster we noticed that some updates on table
with counters were not being applied. It looked as if it depended on whether
coordinator handling request was already upgraded or not. I observed similar
behavior while using cqlsh and executing queries manually. Sometimes it took
several retries to see counter updated. There were no errors/warns in neither
application nor Cassandra logs. The updates started working reliably once again
when all nodes in dc have been upgraded. However, the lost updates did not
reappear.

Our setup:
2 dc cluster, 5 + 5 nodes. However, only one is used for queries as client
application is co-located in one region. I believe 1 dc is enough to reproduce
it.
Replication factor 3+2
Consistency level LOCAL_QUORUM
Upgrading 2.2.11 to 3.11.2

I haven't found any report of similar issue on the internet. Has anyone heard
about such behavior?

Thanks,
Konrad