From: Durity, Sean R <sean_r_dur...@homedepot.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 2:08 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] optimization to cassandra-env.sh

Check the archives for CMS or G1 (whichever garbage collector you are using).
There has been significant and good advice on both. In general, though, G1 has
one basic number to set and does very well in our use cases. CMS has lots of
black art/science tuning and configuration, but you can test options on a
“canary” node and tweak until it runs well.

If you need more help after looking back in the archives, we would need the
Cassandra version, JVM type and version, jvm.options (or cassandra-env.sh) and
what kinds of errors/gc you are seeing (GC logs can be helpful).

Sean Durity