Hi Jon,

Was trying the LUKS  encryption following the Doc.
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/how-to-protect-data-at-rest-with-amazon-ec2-instance-store-encryption/

<https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/how-to-protect-data-at-rest-with-amazon-ec2-instance-store-encryption/>
 on ec2 i3.large machine.
i don’t see the disk mounted.  and see the mapper being at 100%. do you see
anything wrong following below statements.
i see this error is /var/log/messages
 ERROR [instanceID=i-0de508d7fc188ab20] [MessagingDeliveryService]
[Association] Unable to load instance associations, unable to retrieve
associations unable to retrieve associations NoCredentialProviders: no valid
providers in chain. Deprecated

df -h /dev/mapper/
devtmpfs        7.5G  7.5G     0 100% /dev

#!/bin/bash

## Initial setup to be executed on boot
##====================================

# Create an empty file. This file will be used to host the file system.
# In this example we create a 2 GB file called secretfs (Secret File System).
dd of=secretfs bs=1G count=0 seek=2
# Lock down normal access to the file.
chmod 600 secretfs
# Associate a loopback device with the file.
losetup /dev/nvme0 secretfs
#Copy encrypted password file from S3. The password is used to configure LUKE
later on.
aws s3 cp s3://mybucket/LuksInternalStorageKey .
# Decrypt the password from the file with KMS, save the secret password in
LuksClearTextKey
LuksClearTextKey=$(aws --region us-east-1 kms decrypt --ciphertext-blob
fileb://LuksInternalStorageKey --output text --query Plaintext | base64
--decode)
# Encrypt storage in the device. cryptsetup will use the Linux
# device mapper to create, in this case, /dev/mapper/secretfs.
# Initialize the volume and set an initial key.
echo "$LuksClearTextKey" | cryptsetup -y luksFormat /dev/nvme0
# Open the partition, and create a mapping to /dev/mapper/secretfs.
echo "$LuksClearTextKey" | cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/nvme0 secretfs
# Clear the LuksClearTextKey variable because we don't need it anymore.
unset LuksClearTextKey
# Check its status (optional).
cryptsetup status secretfs
# Zero out the new encrypted device.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mapper/secretfs
# Create a file system and verify its status.
mke2fs -j -O dir_index /dev/mapper/secretfs
# List file system configuration (optional).
tune2fs -l /dev/mapper/secretfs
# Mount the new file system to /data_e/secretfs.
sudo mkdir /data_e/secretfs
sudo mount /dev/mapper/secretfs /data_e/secretfs