DataStax Enterprise 6.0 has a new bulk loader tool. DSE is a commercial
product, but maybe your needs are worth the investigation.

Sean Durity

From: Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 9:37 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: ETL options from Hive/Presto/s3 to cassandra

Spark is scalable to as many nodes as you want and could be collocated with the
data nodes — sstableloader wont be as performant for larger datasets. Although
it can be run in parallel on different nodes I don’t believe it to be as fault
tolerant.

If you have to do it continuously I would even think about leveraging Kafka as
the transport layer and using Kafka Connect. It brings other tooling to get
data into Cassandra from a variety of sources.

Rahul
On Aug 6, 2018, 3:16 PM -0400, srimugunthan dhandapani
<srimugunthan.dhandap...@gmail.com<mailto:srimugunthan.dhandap...@gmail.com>>,
wrote:

Hi all,
We have data that gets filled into Hive/ presto  every few hours.
We want that data to be transferred to cassandra tables.
What are some of the high performance ETL options for transferring data between
hive  or presto into cassandra?

Also does anybody have any performance numbers comparing
- and loading data from S3 to cassandra using other means (like spark-api)?

Thanks,
mugunthan

________________________________

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our
clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms
and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of
business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all
responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment
and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses,
e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which
may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct,
indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail
message or its attachment.