If you wanted to be certain that all replicas were acknowledging receipt of the
data, then you could use ALL or EACH_QUORUM ( if you have multiple DCs) but you
must really want high consistency if you do that.

You should avoid consciously creating tombstones if possible — it ends up
making reads slower because they need to be accounted for until they are
compacted / garbage collected out.

Tombstones are created when data is either deleted, or nulled. When marking
data with a TTL , the actual delete is not done until after the TTL has expired.

When you say you are overwriting, are you deleting and then loading? That’s the
only way you should see tombstones — or maybe you are setting nulls?

Rahul