Hi,

Looks like you need a monitoring for Cassandra but without using JMX.
It is possible to use metric reporting libraries in Cassandra:
https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Metrics#Reporting

I do not have specific experience with using Cassandra on DCOS but,
monitoring with libraries and tools should not be any different.

There are various options available to establish good monitoring (Graphite,
Prometheus, Grafana)

Helpful links:

https://blog.pythian.com/monitoring-apache-cassandra-metrics-graphite-grafana/
https://github.com/instaclustr/cassandra-exporter