From: Dor Laor <d...@scylladb.com>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2019 4:21 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Good way of configuring Apache spark with Apache
Cassandra

I strongly recommend option B, separate clusters. Reasons:
 - Networking of node-node is negligible compared to networking within the node
 - Different scaling considerations
   Your workload may require 10 Spark nodes and 20 database nodes, so why
bundle them?
   This ratio may also change over time as your application evolves and amount
of data changes.
 - Isolation - If Spark has a spike in cpu/IO utilization, you wouldn't want it
to affect Cassandra and the opposite.
   If you isolate it with cgroups, you may have too much idle time when the
above doesn't happen.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 12:47 PM Goutham reddy