For some reason responses to the thread didn't hit my work email, I didn't
see the responses until I check from my personal.

The way that the system works is that we install a collector that pulls a
bunch of metrics from each node and sends it up to our NOC every minute.
We've got a bunch of stream processors that take this data and do a bunch
of things with it. We've got some dumb ones that check for common
miss-configurations, bugs etc.. they also populate dashboards and a couple
of minimal graphs. The more intelligent agents take a look at the metrics
and they start generating a bunch of calculated/scaled metrics and events.
If one of these triggers a threshold then we kick off the ML that does
classification using the stored data to classify the root cause, and point
you to the correct knowledge base article with remediation steps. Because
we've got he cluster history we can identify a breach, and give you an SLA
in about 1 minute. The goal is to get you from 0 to resolution as quickly
as possible.

We're looking for feedback on the existing system, do these events make
sense, do I need to beef up a knowledge base article, did it classify
correctly, or is there some big bug that everyone is running into that
needs to be publicized. We're also looking for where to go next, which
models are going to make your life easier?

The system works for C*, Elastic and Kafka. We'll be doing some blog posts
explaining in more detail how it works and some of the interesting things
we've found. For example everything everyone thought they knew about
Cassandra thread pool tuning is wrong, nobody really knows how to tune
Kafka for large messages, or that there are major issues with the
Kubernetes charts that people are using.