If you're using the PropertyFileSnitch, well... you shouldn't as it's a
rather dangerous and tedious snitch to use

I inherited Cassandra clusters that use the PropertyFileSnitch. It's been
working fine, but you've kinda scared me :-)
Why is it dangerous to use?
If I decide to change the snitch, is it seamless or is there a specific
procedure one must follow?

Thanks!