Hi Kenneth,

The concern is that in some cases, hints accumulate on nodes, and it takes
a while until they are delivered (multi DCs).
I see that whenever there are  a lot of hints in play,like after a rolling
restart, the cluster works harder. That's why I want to decrease the hints
delivery time.
I didn't want to change the configuration blindly and thought the community
might have some experience on this subject.

I went over the cassandra.yaml file but didn't find any information on
optimizing these attributes, just that the max_throttle is divided between
nodes in the cluster and that I should increase the
max_hints_delivery_threads because I have multi-dc deployments.

# Maximum throttle in KBs per second, per delivery thread.  This will be
# reduced proportionally to the number of nodes in the cluster.  (If there
# are two nodes in the cluster, each delivery thread will use the maximum
# rate; if there are three, each will throttle to half of the maximum,
# since we expect two nodes to be delivering hints simultaneously.)
hinted_handoff_throttle_in_kb: 1024

# Number of threads with which to deliver hints;
# Consider increasing this number when you have multi-dc deployments, since
# cross-dc handoff tends to be slower
max_hints_delivery_threads: 2

Thanks for your help!