From: Laxmikant Upadhyay <laxmikant....@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, March 11, 2019 at 10:52 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Changing existing Cassandra cluster from single rack configuration
to multi racks configuration

Hi Alex,

Regarding your below point the admin need to take care of temporary uneven
distribution of data util the entire process is done:

"If you can't, then I guess you can for each node (one at a time), decommission
it, wipe it clean and re-bootstrap it after setting the appropriate rack."

I believe while doing so in the existing single rack cluster, the first new
node joined with different rack (rac2) will get 100% loaded in terms so disk
usage will be proportionally very high in comparison to other nodes in rac1.
So until both racks have equal number of nodes and we run nodetool cleaup, the
data will not be equally distributed.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 5:50 PM Alexander Dejanovski