If you can change to 8 vnodes, it will be much better for repairs and other
kinds of streaming operations. The old advice of 256 per node is now not very
helpful.

Sean

From: Ahmed Eljami <ahmed.elj...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:27 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Cluster size "limit"

Yes, 256 vnodes

Le mer. 13 mars 2019 à 17:31, Jeff Jirsa
<jji...@gmail.com<mailto:jji...@gmail.com>> a écrit :
Do you use vnodes? How many vnodes per machine?
--
Jeff Jirsa

On Mar 13, 2019, at 3:58 PM, Ahmed Eljami
<ahmed.elj...@gmail.com<mailto:ahmed.elj...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi,

We are planning to add a third datacenter to our cluster (already has 2
datacenter, every datcenter has 50 nodes, so 100 nodes in total).

My fear is that an important number of nodes per cluster (> 100) could cause a
lot of problems like gossip duration, maintenance (repair...)...

I know that it depends on use cases, volume of data and many other thing, but I
would like that you share your  experiences with that.

Thx

________________________________

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our
clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms
and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of
business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all
responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment
and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses,
e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which
may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct,
indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail
message or its attachment.