I'm not sure about the use cases. But other approaches can also be
considered:-

* Every mutation will have the timestamp in the commitlog [So taking backup
of the commitlogs will give you this functionality]
* At client side, you fetch the existing writetime for those columns from
the db and also log the actual timestamp which is associated with the
current update/insert statements
https://docs.datastax.com/en/drivers/java/3.6/com/datastax/driver/core/Statement.html#getDefaultTimestamp--
(though this should only be used for debugging purposes!)

Thanks!