Here ,

We have 6 nodes each in 2 data centers us-east-1 and us-west-2  . We have
RF 3 and  cl set to local quorum. And gossip snitch. All our instance are
c5.2xlarge and data files and comit logs are stored in gp2 ebs.  C5
instance type had a bug which aws asked to set nvme_timeout to higher
number in etc/grub.conf. after setting the parameter and did run nodetool
drain and reboot the node in east

Instance cameup but Cassandra didn't come up normal had to start the
Cassandra. Cassandra cameup but it shows other instances down. Even though
didn't reboot the other node down same was observed in one other node. How
could that happen and don't any errors in system.log which is set to info.
Without any intervention gossip settled in 10 mins entire cluster became
normal.

Tried same thing West it happened again

I'm concerned how to check what caused it and if a reboot happens again how
to avoid this.
 If I just  STOP Cassandra instead of reboot I don't see this issue.