I can’t find it anywhere either, but I’m looking at a 3.11.4 source image.
From the naming I’d bet that this is being used to feed the
cassandra.migration_task_wait_in_seconds property.  It’s already coded to have
a default of 1 second, which matches what you are seeing in the shell script
var.  The relevant Java source is
org.apache.cassandra.service.MigrationManager, line 62.

From: Ben Mills <b...@bitbrew.com>
Date: Monday, January 13, 2020 at 1:59 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: cassandra_migration_wait

Message from External Sender
Greetings,

We are running Cassandra 3.11.2 in Kubernetes and use a run.sh to set some
environment variables and a few other things.

This script includes:

CASSANDRA_MIGRATION_WAIT="${CASSANDRA_MIGRATION_WAIT:-1}"

setting this environment variable to "1". I looked for documentation on this
but cannot seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know what this is configuring and
what the value implies?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben