The COPY command doesn't support filtering and it doesn't perform well for
large tables.

Have you considered the DSBulk tool from DataStax? Previously, it only
worked with DataStax Enterprise but a few weeks ago, it was made free and
works with open-source Apache Cassandra. For details, see this blogpost
<https://www.datastax.com/blog/2019/12/tools-for-apache-cassandra>. Cheers!