Hi,

We are facing some issue in bootstrapping new node in 3.11.0 and
bootstrapping is failing.
We have two tasks here :
1. Expand the cluster (Due to disk concern and dropped mutation)
2. Upgrade the cluster from 3.11.0 to 3.11.5 because of various bugs we are
hitting in 3.11.0 .

So my question here is :
1. Can we add new node with 3.11.5 rpm on a 3.11.0 cluster ?
2. Because there is a sstable format change from mc to md , is there any
issue in bootstrapping a node with 3.11.5 version ?

We are not able to upgrade the cluster first and add nodes because of the
disk concerns . upgradesstable will need space because of sstable format
change.

Please advise.

Thanks
Surbhi