Jon, great advice, I ended up doing just that, if anyone else needs to do
the same thing, here is a 3.11.6 version

https://github.com/gilganz/twcs/tree/cassandra-3.11

Indeed switching between twcs strategies did not trigger any sstable change.

Jeff, nothing to be sorry about, gave me an opportunity to brush up my java
skills ;)