Hi,

I remember a couple of years ago there was some noise about Rocksandra
(Cassandra using rocksdb for storage) and opening up Cassandra to alternate
storage mechanisms.

I haven't seen anything about it for a while now though. The last commit to
Rocksandra on github was in Nov 2019. The associated JIRA items
(CASSANDRA-13474 and CASSANDRA-13476) haven't had any activity since 2019
either.

I was wondering whether anyone knew anything about it. Was it decided that
this wasn't a good idea after all (the alleged performance differences
weren't worth it...or were exaggerated)? Or is it just that it still may be
a good idea, but there are no resources available to make this happen (e.g.
perhaps the original sponsor moved onto other things)?

I ask because I was looking at RocksDB/Kafka Streams for another project
(which may replace some functionality which currently uses Cassandra)...and
was wondering if there could be some important info about RocksDB I may be
missing.

thanks in advance,
Gareth Collins