Hey
> I have a cluster, 3.11.9, in which I am enabling hints, but it appears
> that no hints are created when other nodes are down.
> I can see that hints are enabled by running "nodetool statushandoff", and
> gc_grace_seconds is high enough on all tables, so I'm expecting to see
> hints being created, since there are writes constantly coming, but nothing
> is being created.
> Any ideas?
> Gil

Hints are created on the coordinator. Have you checked all nodes?  Maybe
they haven't been flushed to disk yet.
Also what is "high enough" in relation to GCGS? If it's less than the
configured hinted handoff duration they'll be dropped. Are you checking the
relevant hints metrics? They will give you a good indication if hints are
actually occurring.

--
raft.so - Cassandra consulting, support, and managed services