Hello,

Manish Khandelwal wrote:

    /The issue was //*tcp_keepalive_time*// has the default value
    (7200 seconds). So once the idle connection is broken by the
    firewall, the application (Cassandra node) was getting notified
    very late.  Thus we were seeing one node sending merkle tree and
    other not receiving it. Reducing it to 60 solved the problem./

Thanks for following up with a solution.

I find it somewhat frustrating that Linux keeps having such a strange default /tcp_keepalive_time/ value. I've tried suggesting that it be changed, but without luck:

https://lists.openwall.net/netdev/2021/05/17/61

--
Regards,
Troels Arvin