The DataStax Java 3.x drivers work very well with Apache Cassandra 4.0. I'd recommend one of the
more recent releases in the series, though (e.g., 3.6.x+).I'm not the author of this
documentation, but it may refer to the fact that the 3.x Java Driver supports the CQL v4 wire
protocol, but not the new v5 wire protocol introduced in Cassandra 4.0. This means that all
existing features will continue to work fine; but a small number of new features in 4.0 will
require a new driver before they can be adopted.A couple examples of new features in the CQLv5
wire protocol are client checksumming in the absence of TLS or a checksumming codec, better
read/write failure error messages, and native duration types.– ScottOn Apr 19, 2022, at 10:08 AM,
Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <jaibheem...@gmail.com> wrote:Hello Erick,It looks like the 3.0+
driver is not compatible with the Cassandra 4.0 as per:
https://docs.datastax.com/en/driver-matrix/doc/java-drivers.htmlThe documents say it's partially
compatible, what does this mean? What will be broken if I continue to use 3.0+ driver with
Cassandra 4.0? I did a quick test with my application using 3.2 driver with Cassandra 4.0.3 and
it works fine.On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 7:14 PM Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada
<jaibheem...@gmail.com> wrote:Thank you On Monday, April 19, 2021, Erick Ramirez
<erick.rami...@datastax.com> wrote:Is there a Datastax Java Driver  Compatibility matrix
available for Cassandra 4.0?No, there isn't but the same driver versions apply to C* 4.0 under
the column 3.0+.Thanks for bringing this up as it has prompted me to consider its inclusion in
the official Apache Cassandra website and I've logged CASSANDRA-16617. Cheers!