Does it need to be strictly Apache Cassandra? Or is something built on/working
with DataStax Enterprise allowed? I would think if it doesn’t depend on
DSE-only technology, it could still apply to a general Cassandra audience.

Sean R. Durity

From: Patrick McFadin <pmcfa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 3:53 PM
To: dev <d...@cassandra.apache.org>; user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Cassandra Summit CFP update

Hi everyone, An update on the current CFP process for Cassandra Summit. There
are currently 23 talk submissions which are far behind what we need. Two days
of tracks mean we need 60 approved talks. Ideally, we need over 100 submitted
to ensure

Hi everyone,

An update on the current CFP process for Cassandra Summit.

There are currently 23 talk submissions which are far behind what we need. Two
days of tracks mean we need 60 approved talks. Ideally, we need over 100
submitted to ensure we have a good pool of quality talks. We already have quite
a few vendor pitches that have nothing to do with Cassandra. Think of it as
like CFP spam.

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cassandra-summit/program/cfp/
[events.linuxfoundation.org]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/events.linuxfoundation.org/cassandra-summit/program/cfp/__;!!M-nmYVHPHQ!M0BGXPRA1yBtXgBJnVInSj_nlCO6kQrG0xHjrCcG2jq3VtKaP1ehc5fnZw6A1T_N5jB-R46xdpP_SQkZtjL2zLg$>

The deadline is December 11th. That is 12 days! If you are assuming that will
get pushed out, don’t. We have a tight schedule before March 13th. Speakers
must be notified of talk acceptance by the beginning of January to book travel
in time. The full schedule will be published by mid-January.

That being said, I have talked to quite a few people that are working on a
submission. Thank you for being willing to create a talk! How can I help you
get it completed? Again, here is my Calendly link if you need to talk it over:
https://calendly.com/patrick-mcfadin/15-minute-cassandra-summit-cfp-consult
[calendly.com]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/calendly.com/patrick-mcfadin/15-minute-cassandra-summit-cfp-consult__;!!M-nmYVHPHQ!M0BGXPRA1yBtXgBJnVInSj_nlCO6kQrG0xHjrCcG2jq3VtKaP1ehc5fnZw6A1T_N5jB-R46xdpP_SQkZ8tPIo7I$>

This is our conference! Let’s make it a festival of the database we love and
the things we build with it.

One more thing. We need sponsors! If your employer can, this is a great
opportunity to get your brand out in front of people building the future.

I’ll be back. Go submit a talk. You’ll be happy you did!

Patrick

INTERNAL USE