Are you always inserting into the same partition (with contention) or different
?

Which version are you using ?

The short tldr is that the failure modes of the existing paxos implementation
(under contention, under latency, under cluster strain) can cause undefined
states. I believe that a subsequent serial read will deterministically resolve
the state (look at cassandra-12126), but that has a cost (both the extra
operation and the code complexity)

The upcoming transactional rewrite will likely change this, but it’s still WIP
(CEP-15)