Consistency level controls when queries acknowledge/succeed

Replication factor is where data lives / how many copies

If you write at consistency ONE and replication factor 3, the query finishes
successfully when the write is durable on one of the 3 copies.

It will get sent to all 3, but it’ll return when it’s durable on one.

If you write at ONE and it goes to the first replica, and you read at ONE and
it reads from the last replica, it may return without the data:  you may not
see a given write right away.