Thanks everyone.
Updating this thread -
We increased the key cache size from 100 MB to 200 MB and we believe that
has brought down the latency from 40 ms p95 to 6 ms p95. I think there is
still scope for improvement as both writes and reads are presently at p95 6
ms. I would expect writes to be lower. But we are good with 6 ms for now at
least.

--
Shaurya Gupta