For a readiness probe and for ongoing ECV checks, just making sure the
driver is initialized is enough. I've seen problems recently with
applications running "select cluster_name from system.local" for ECV
checks.  We haven't dug into it in detail yet but with a large number of
clients it puts a lot of load on just a handful of nodes in the cluster. So
as always, test it well before putting something like this in production
especially for large deployments.