From: Nitan Kainth <nitankai...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 23:31
To: cassandra
Subject: Restricting data access  at column and/or row level

You don't often get email from nitankai...@gmail.com. Learn why this is
important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
NetApp Security WARNING: This is an external email. Do not click links or open
attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to grant select privileges on a table to some user
restricting few columns and few rows. Something like this:

c1 | c2 | c3 | c4
----+----+----+----
  5 |  1 |  5 |  1
10 |  1 |  1 |  1
  1 |  1 |  1 |  1
  8 |  1 |  1 |  1
  2 |  1 |  1 |  1
  4 |  1 |  1 |  1
  7 |  5 |  1 |  1
  6 |  1 |  1 |  1
  9 |  1 |  1 |  1
  3 |  4 |  1 |  1

User1 should be able to see only c1 and c2:
c1 | c2
----+----
  5 |  1
10 |  1
  1 |  1
  8 |  1
  2 |  1
  4 |  1
  7 |  5
  6 |  1
  9 |  1
  3 |  4

User2 should be able to see only c1=5:
c1 | c2
----+----
  5 |  1

I created Materialized view but unfortunately, it can’t work without granting
permission on base table.

Regards,
Nitan
Cell: 510 449 9629<tel:510%20449%209629>