That code path was added to protect against invalid gossip states

For this logger to be issued, the coordinator receiving the query must identify
a set of replicas holding the data to serve the read, and one of the selected
replicas must disagree that it’s a replica based on its view of the token ring

This probably means that at least one node in your cluster has an invalid view
of the ring - if you issue a “nodetool ring” from every host and compare them,
you’ll probably notice one or more is wrong

It’s also possible this happens for a few seconds during adding / moving /
removing hosts

If you weren’t changing the topology of the cluster, it’s  likely the case that
bouncing the cluster fixes it

(Im unsure of the defaults and not able to look it up, but cassandra can log or
log and drop the read - you probably want to drop the read log, which is the
right solution so it doesn’t accidentally return a missing / empty result set
as a valid query result, instead it’ll force it to read from other replicas or
time out)