Hi all,

We have some large clusters ( 1000+  nodes ), these are across multiple
datacenters.

When we perform upgrades we would normally upgrade a DC at a time during a
planned outage for one DC. This means that a cluster might be in a mixed mode
with multiple versions for a week or 2.

We have noticed that during our testing that upgrading to 4.1 causes a schema
mismatch due to the new tables added into the system keyspace.

Is this going to be an issue if this schema mismatch lasts for maybe several
weeks? I assume that running any DDL during that time would be a bad idea, is
there any other issues to look out for?

Thanks

Paul Chandler