Michael,

It sounds like you're trying to build Castor with a version of Xerces that is not compatible with the one that Adaptx was built with, and then it seems like you're trying to build Adaptx with a version of JAXP that is not compatible with the one that Adaptx was written against.

Are you using the jars from the castor/lib directory? I build Castor with JDK 1.4.2 using the jars in the castor/lib directory.

--Keith

Michael Stabler wrote:
Greetings,

I am having some problems building the latest Castor snapshot (retrieved 04.27.2005). Perhaps someone can help me…

Upon running Castor’s “Release” target, I seem to get most of the way through the process, but then receive the following error during execution of the doc target:

/java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/exolab/adaptx/xml/parser/XercesParser, method : readDocument signature: (Lorg/exolab/adaptx/net/URILocation;Lorg/exolab/adaptx/util/ErrorObserver;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;) Incompatible object argument for function call/

Thought I’d try to debug the adaptx package to see what was going on. When I try to build the code included in the tarball’s adaptx package, I get this exception:

/adaptx\src\main\org\exolab\adaptx\jaxp\transform\TransformerFactoryImpl.java:91: org.exolab.adaptx.jaxp.transform.TransformerFactoryImpl is not abstract and does not override abstract method setFeature(java.lang.String,boolean) in javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory/

/public class TransformerFactoryImpl/

            Any thoughts?

Michael Stabler

Software Engineer