Stefan,

It is the intended effect. The MappingTool maps the given class and all its dependencies.

Out of curiousity, did you also try the -gen-mapping -nodesc options from the SourceGenerator?

--Keith

Stefan Lober wrote:
Thanks, this helps me a lot.
I still have one follow-up question: I see that the
MappingTool can only process one file at once.
However, if I give it the class file that has been
generated for my top-level node as input, the mappings
for all nodes in the hierarchy are created.
Is this intended or a side effect?

Regards,
Stefan

 --- Werner Guttmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
schrieb:
Not to my knowledge, at least not through teh
source-generator. You
could use the MappingTool as found within Castor,
though, to have a
mapping file generated from the generated Java
classes, and use this as
a staring point.

I hope this helps
Werner