Michael,

Try adding a forward slash (/) in front of the "a/b", such as:

name="/a/b"

If I recall correctly there is a bug in the binding file that requires the extra forward slash.

Hopefully that solves the issue for you.

--Keith

Michael Thome wrote:
The second example works, but from reading the documentation, I was expecting the first to work also - this suggests that either my mental model of how this is supposed to work is wrong or there is a bug in the codegen.

Werner Guttmann wrote:

Michael,

just reading your question, I am not clear whether you did get it to
work eventually (or not). In other words, do you still need help with
regards to the correct binding file syntax, or not ?

Regards
Werner

Michael Thome wrote:
I'm confused about proper use of a binding file to generate code for
nested elements.  Simplified xsd:

    <xs:element name="a">
      <xs:complexType>
        <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element name="b" type="xs:string"/>
        </xs:sequence>
      </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>

What I want is a class that looks like:

   class A {
     my.CompressedString b;
     CompressedString getB() {}
     void setB(CompressedString x) {}
   }

I thought I put the following in my binding file, but it is silently
ignored:

   <elementBinding name="a/b">
     <member name="b"
             java-type="my.CompressedString"
             handler="my.CompressedStringHandler"/>
   </elementBinding>

but what I need to do to get it to actually work is:

   <elementBinding name="a">
     <java-class name="A"/>
     <elementBinding name="b">
       <member name="b"
             java-type="my.CompressedString"
             handler="my.CompressedStringHandler"/>
     </elementBinding>
   </elementBinding>

I presume that I'm missing something... wrong binding name syntax, maybe
- suggestions?

Thanks,
   Michael

--
*Michael Thome*
BBN Technologies 10 Moulton St, Cambridge MA 02138 USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED]