On Jun 21, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

 but there's no reason that Cayenne could not attempt to
solve it down the road.

+1. I think we can devise a sensible algorithm along the following lines:

* Split the qualifier into DB-specific parts
* Fetch the root entity with its own qualifier (obtained above)
* Add prefetches for all cross-DB relationships.
* Iterate through the result list in-memory applying remaining qualifiers, filtering matching objects.

This obviously won't scale to very large result sets, but it can still be useful.

Jira anyone?

Andrus