Very happy to announce that we have a final GA release of Cayenne 4.2 available.

It contains a number of bug fixes, most notable being a fix for the recent
nasty issue that resulted in missing objects in commits for certain mappings.
But of course it is also a huge milestone that was more than 3 years in the
making. Since 4.1 we developed a number of new features. I will try to record a
video or write a blog post presenting them in more detail, but let me quickly
list them here:

1. Runtime:

* Callback annotations on entity classes
* Customizable SQL generator API
* Nested queries
* Ordering on aggregate functions
* Property API is made type-specific
* Custom functions and operators in queries
* New attributes types: JSON, geospatial

2. Modeler:

* Acquire drivers from Maven Central
* Improvements to attribute and relationships mapping
* Lots of bug fixes in DB Import, etc.

3. A few modules got deprecated as irrelevant and will be removed in 5.0:

* ROP-related modules
* cayenne-web
* clustering transports (cayenne-xmpp, etc.)
* ...

And of course we are not going to stop and are looking forward to Cayenne 5.0
where we are planning to tackle limitations in inheritance mapping, improve
query APIs, etc., etc. The list of new things is quite long already.

Finally, some links:

* 4.2 release notes:
https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/STABLE-4.2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
* Modeler download: https://cayenne.apache.org/download/