On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> So the data "directory" is a link to another mount.  I'm not familiar with
> the SFTP code but my guess is there is something preventing it from following
> links.

I'm making the assumption the link is not followed by commons VFS, as
debugging indicates that "data" has FileType.FILE where I guess
FileType.DIRECTORY would be needed for getChildren() and the such to
work, no ?

Unfortunatly, when trying to read symlink content (using
getFileContent().getInputStream()), all i get is

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not read file
"sftp://root:peri...@quasar/appli/perigee_63D/data";.
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getInputStream(AbstractFileObject.java:1123)
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.DefaultFileContent.getInputStream(DefaultFileContent.java:317)

Caused by: 4: Failure
        at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2289)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp._get(ChannelSftp.java:929)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.get(ChannelSftp.java:870)
        at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.get(ChannelSftp.java:849)
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.sftp.SftpFileObject.doGetInputStream(SftpFileObject.java:384)
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getInputStream(AbstractFileObject.java:1119)
        ... 7 more

However, the symlink targets to that folder

quasar:/appli/perigee_63D # ls -la /mnt/md0/
total 8144379
drwxr-xr-x 20 root     root           880 Sep  6 09:30 .
drwxr-xr-x  8 root     root           256 Jun 24 10:22 ..
drwxr-xr-x  3 root     root            72 Jan 25  2010
data_destination <-- YES, This one !

Which i should be able to navigate, no ?

--
Nicolas Delsaux