Hi David,

this is a common issue coming up regularly (and the FAQ section is somehow missing on the deployed site which addresses the problem), e.g. see http://brightdadson.blogspot.com/2010/06/if-you-are-working-on-spring-web.html

I would recommend to exclude all geronimo specs jars for javamail and activation and I'm pretty sure that this solves the issue ... :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl