On 2013-09-22, Jie CDL Zhang wrote:

> This is Calvin from IBM. I am making a product that need to use the 7z
> archive function. I am very lucky to find that commons-compress supports
> it! But the bad news is the latest release 1.5 does not contain those part.

> How can I get a new release jar file like 1.6 from Apache site?

Compress 1.6 hasn't been released, yet.  I think there are SNAPSHOT
builds available.  Yep,

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/

One thing holding up the release is that I personally would love to have
LZMA support for 7z in as well - this is the compression method used for
header fields by default and without it 7z support is pretty much
limited.  This one depends on XZ for Java getting a new release out,
though.  I'll ping Lasse about this.

Apart from that I've started to play around with the ARJ code and found
some issues I wanted to investigate but didn't find the time to do - I'd
need to set up a Windows box with arj on it first.

It would be great if you could give the trunk version of Compress a try
and help us shake out some bugs before we cut a release, though.

Cheers

        Stefan