On Sun, 12 Sept 2021 at 11:50, Christian Müller
<1983.christian.muel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> One short question: Is the javadoc description of
> *commons.io.FileUtils.isRegularFile(...)* correct? It says it returns
> "false" if the path is not a directory. Actually "false" is returned for
> existing directories. I think the javadoc should be corrected to:
> "return false if path is a directory", right?

Thanks for the report - the Javadoc is definitely wrong.

However I think it should say

"is not a regular file"

rather than

"is not a directory"

That is what the underlying JVM method File.isRegularFile(...) does.

That would imply that it returns false for directories, as they are
not regular files.