There's an example of using the hidden-classes element here:
http://opensource3.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Spring#Spring-dCountries

Here's the relevant portion of the sample
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0";
                configId="org/springframework/samples/countries">
  <!-- force the usage of the Spring jars deployed with the web application -->
    <hidden-classes>
      <filter>org.springframework</filter>
    </hidden-classes>
    <context-root>/countries</context-root>
    <context-priority-classloader>false</context-priority-classloader>
</web-app>

Best wishes,
Paul