On 9/12/06, Sachin Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, if the console allows the uid/pw to be passed in directly in the url,
then yes certainly.

The console uses j_security_check to handle authentication.  Using
that technique requires the username and password to be submitted
separately from the original request.  I don't think there's any way
to encode the username and password into the original request url.
The only way I can think of to achieve the desired behavior in eclipse
would be to disable the console's security in its web.xml.  But that's
not recommended.

Best wishes,
Paul