Hi,

I'm also getting a NoSuchProviderException, but in Geronimo 1.2.  It seems
that the geronimo-javamail-transport module has been moved, or no longer
exists, so what dependency should I use in its place?

Thanks,
Aman

------------------------
In order to send mail, there are two jar files you need in your
dependencies. The first jar file, geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_spec-1.1.jar is
in the base configuration and contains the javax.mail.* classes. You have
that one, otherwise you wouldn't get as far as you have. The second jar
file, geronimo-javamail-transport-1.1.1.jar contains the Geronimo SMTP
transport implementation. That's the jar file you're missing in your
application dependencies.

Rick

Kamalanathan Raman wrote:

Hi ,

Iam using Geronimo 1.1.1 .Can any one help me in resolving the following
issue, iam trying to configure a mail session and send notification mail.
But when I try to run my application it throws this particular error. Iam
not able to figure out what it suggests, Your valuable suggestion is
invited.Thanks in advance for your reply.

2007-02-19 18:32:54,601 ERROR com.symcor.common.util.SendMail
-sendNotification(...):_MessagingException_

_javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException_: Unable to locate provider for
protocol: smtp

      at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(_Session.java:227_)

      at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:336_)

      at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:366_)

      at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:65_)

      at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:46_)

at com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:171_)

at com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:92_)

at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.sendMail(_RunEDSService.java:411_)

      at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.main(_RunEDSService.java:338_)

2007-02-19 18:32:54,617 INFO com.symcor.common.util.SendMail
-sendNotification(...):exit

2007-02-19 18:32:54,617 ERROR root -main[]:Unable to locate provider for
protocol: smtp

_javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException_: Unable to locate provider for
protocol: smtp

      at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(_Session.java:227_)

      at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:336_)

      at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:366_)

      at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:65_)

      at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:46_)

at com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:171_)

at com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:92_)

at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.sendMail(_RunEDSService.java:411_)

      at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.main(_RunEDSService.java:338_)

Thanks and Regards,

kamal

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Unless you are
the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use,
copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message. If
you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply
e-mail , and delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *