You're correct. But there's been a lot of discussion surrounding this
issue in the Tomcat forums. Maybe it's because the ClassLoaders don't get
GC'ed correctly, but when Tomcat reloads an app, the class data seems to
never get GC'ed. The same issue was found with Jetty, so it seems to be a
VM issue.

Denis Robert
Senior Technical Architect
BF&M Insurance Group
Phone: (441) 298-0344
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
the system manager.

Kevan Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/25/2007 12:11 PM
Please respond to
user@geronimo.apache.org

user@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: OutOfMemoryException while redeploying WAR