On May 30, 2007, at 8:03 AM, Joel Spotts wrote:

I should probably go into more detail the issue we are having:

We are wrapping Geronimo in a windows service using JavaService (http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/javaservice/). It is similar to Java Service Wrapper. You can specify the java class path as a systme property when the application the service wraps startsup and shuts down. You also provide the start class as well as optionally the stop class. You can only provide one classpath -- to be used for the start class as well as the stop class. So we configure the start class as org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon and for the stop class: org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.StopServer. In order for that stop method to be on the classpath we configure the classpath as follows:

bin/server.jar;bin/shutdown.jar. If we leave out shutdown.jar, the StopServer.jar is missing.

So far so good, and that works out ok, but here is the rub: hot deployment will not work. We get the dreaded ClassNotFOundException:
Strange.

Could you try setting your classpath to:

bin/server.jar;../lib/geronimo-common-1.1.1.jar;../lib/geronimo- deploy-tool-1.1.1.jar

Not sure if that will work, or not. If not, then there may still be some sort of interference going on with geronimo-common or geronimo- deploy-tool being loaded from within multiple classloaders.

--kevan